Thursday, May 11, 2017

May the 4th be with you...

(I wrote this on May 4th but never posted)...

It’s super sunny today and AMAZING, it feels good just to have the light shining in and the door open for some fresh air.  I just wish I was feeling better.  About a week ago I started to feel ‘not quite right’, like the cough was getting a bit worse again that I thought I was almost done with, and my throat felt scratchy.  By Saturday night I started getting a headache that turned into one of the worst migraines I’ve ever had, and it persisted till yesterday morning when the Tylenol finally decided to do it’s job.  I can’t even count how many Tylenol I had over the span of those 4 days, but I’m positive it was more than the recommended dosage.  Not good at all.

The headache was so killer that there were several times I wished it would be an easier process to get to the hospital, but the reality was that I’d either have to get James AND all 3 kids to go with, or I’d have to get my dad to take time off work to take me.  Or call an ambulance and spend $50+ dollars for that.  None of those options appealed to me, so I stuck it out.  I remember my doctor telling me that if my headaches ever got that bad I should get to the hospital right away, but the reality is, it’s not always easy to do, and when you’re in that much pain the last thing you want is to be sitting in an ER for gawd knows how long just waiting to be called in.  

So luckily the headache left, but I was also feverish off and on for over 24 hours (edit: the fever came and went several times more after I wrote this...), and the achiness throughout my body nearly did me in.  I ended up coughing till I threw up the other night and it seemed like right after that the achiness left my body, which was kind of strange.  I’ve never experienced that before.  But then the headache flared up so bad I couldn’t handle it.  Now I have a full head cold and feel like I’m hopped up on drugs.  It’s not fun, especially when there seems to be one thing after the other that I’m supposed to attend at Andrew’s school and I have to try to keep my distance so as not to infect others, but also pretend I’m feeling a lot better than I am.  

Enough already!  We’ve all been sick far more than what I feel should be our fair share!

Especially if the weather is finally going to be nicer, I want to have energy to feel like I can get the kids out playing and doing Spring things!

Edit: May 11th now and I'm still not over this cold. I'm definitely better than I was, but then yesterday felt a little worse again and am so tired today. Still coughing a lot, stuffy nose...seriously, ENOUGH ALREADY!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird