Monday, January 02, 2017

Leading up to Christmas day 2016...

Well, Christmas has come and gone, once again the day over in lightning speed after so many weeks preparing for it!  It was a perfect day, though.  I’m so glad everything worked out the way it did.

We had my brother and sister-in-law over on Christmas Eve this year.  Usually they come over on Boxing Day but we decided to switch it up this year.  They brought their Frenchie Maude with them.  It was Maude’s first time ever at our house, as of course up until recently we had Fiona and I wouldn’t have ever brought a dog (or any other animal for that matter!) in while she was here.  (As a side note, I’ve really been missing Fifi over the holidays).  It was really sweet having Maude here, she’s more subdued than she used to be now that she’s older so she wasn’t too rambunctious or getting into anything she shouldn’t.  We plan on having her back sometime, maybe even for a sleepover!

While my bro and sil were here we built a gingerbread village with the kids, since it’s our tradition to do some sort of cookie decorating together before Christmas.  We also played several rounds of Christmas Bingo, and decided to exchange gifts instead of waiting to open separately on Xmas day.

We also drank festive drinks and chatted and just had a nice visit.  My parents stopped by for a little while after they got back from from another get together they were going to.  

We had already driven around the night before looking at Christmas lights, which I’m glad of, since James and I both imbibed Xmas Eve and wouldn’t have been able to drive to do that.  Although in all honestly the driving around looking at lights didn’t go as well this year as it has in previous years.  It’s one of our Christmas traditions I always look so forward to, but this year the kids weren’t as into it as I would have liked.  Especially the girls.  It was also raining slightly (and snowing for a bit, too) so it wasn’t as easy for the kids to see out their windows and...it was a bit of a fail.  I was still glad we went, it just would have been nice if the kids had been a bit more cheery!  If I recall correctly it had been a bit of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day that day, and I was a bit grumpy myself, which I’m sure wasn’t helping matters!

And then we get to Christmas day, which requires a post of it’s own!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird