Saturday, June 25, 2016

Being a mommy

A few days ago when the girls and I were driving somewhere, Margaret said, ‘I want to be a Mommy someday, Mommy.’  

I said, ‘I look forward to that, it means I get to be a grandma!’

After agreeing with me, Margaret asked, ‘Do you know why I want to be a Mommy, Mommy?’

I said, ‘Why?’ and she replied, ‘Because I really want to be able to make dinner!  And to run tubbies!’

I said, ‘Margaret, you know you don’t have to wait till you’re a Mommy to do those things, right?!  When you’re a little older, you can make dinner and run tubbies for me!’

She thought about that for a second and then said, ‘Really?!  Are you kidding me?!’

LOL!  I don’t want my kids to be ‘all growed up yet’ so I’m still very happy to do the ‘mothering’...but I look forward to the day I get dinner made for me AND a bath run afterwards!!!  

I’m sure I’ll have to remind Margaret of how badly she wanted this to be her reality, because I have a strong feeling she won’t be as keen as she thinks she’ll be to do these things for me :D

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird