Saturday, December 05, 2015

Seventeen years

Some might find it silly that I think of today as James and my anniversary, since it's not our wedding anniversary but instead the marking of 17 years since our first kiss.  I find it significant, though, because that was when our friendship turned into something more, and it marks the beginning of our life together.

Below is the letter I gave James today in honour of our special day.  We otherwise aren't celebrating because two out of 3 kids are sick, and James and I aren't feeling entirely well ourselves tonight.  But still, I enjoyed reminiscing about that night in residence at SFU, when a bunch of us had a party (for no particular reason, which was the basis for many parties back in those days!) and the night ended with me and James kissing!  I'm so glad I snagged him when I did.  I don't even want to imagine how different my life would be if we hadn't found each other.

Dec 5, 2015

Dear James,

Seventeen years ago today we kissed, and suddenly our lives were completely intertwined.  I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way!  It was a magical kiss, and it’s hard to believe that a year from now we’ll have been together for literally half my life so far, because it still seems like yesterday that it happened.  I will never forget it, and I still feel the same tingles and flutters of the heart when we kiss.  I could never fall out of love with you, you’re my one and only true love in life and beyond!

I know you know how much I love you, but I can’t tell you enough times.  I just love you SO MUCH!  I love what a loving and attentive husband you are, how involved and caring you are as the father of our beautiful children, and the fact that you have been my best friend for close to two decades.  You mean the world to me, WE mean the world to me, and that includes Andrew and Margaret and Emily (and Fiona, and lest we forget Moorka and Tinker!  Even Finn and Stacey, remember those two?!)  I love our family and I’m so grateful for all of you and for all that we have.  I couldn’t ask for a better life when it comes right down to it, and a great deal of my comforts and happiness in life have to do with the fact that our foundation is so strong.  I couldn’t imagine us not having the communication that we do, and while we definitely have differences of opinions at times, I love that we’re on the same page when it counts.  I love chatting with you and just being near you, even if it just means you’re working from home, I really just love to know you’re close by because I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  

Thank you for all that you do for me, as I truly do know that a lot of men (I’d hazard to say MOST, from what I’ve heard!) are nowhere close to as loving and sweet and generous with their time and their hearts as what you are with yours when it comes to me and our kids.

Happy 17 year anniversary since our first kiss!  Here’s to many more 17 years’s of kisses!

I love you still and always!

Love, Elizabeth


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird