Saturday, October 03, 2015

Family game night

Today my nana and aunt came over to visit from Nanaimo.  They always bring a bag load of goodies for the kids, and this time one of the things my nana had got for Andrew was the game Uno.  It’s some sort of special edition with extra game pieces (I can’t remember what it’s called right now) that add another dimension to the game.  I’ve actually wanted to own the game Uno for YEARS but for some reason just never got around to buying it.  My nana was thrilled to bits when I told her that I’d always wanted that game, and that on our summer trip to Parksville the townhouse we stayed at had it and Andrew loved it too and wanted to get it.  So that was definitely a huge hit.  Andrew basically played the game the whole rest of the day, with everyone at the get together, and then even by himself if no one was able to play with him.  A little before the girls’ bedtime James got a fire going in the fireplace, and after the girls went to bed, he and Andrew and I played several rounds before it was Andrew’s bed time.  

It was really fun to sit around by the fire and play a game.  Pre-kids James and I LOVED playing board and card games together, it was one of our favourite things to do.  I love that Andrew is old enough to get into a lot of different games now, and I’d say after this year when he’s reading a lot more on his own, there will be so many more games we’ll be able to play together.  I’m dying to break out Scattergories again!!  There are a few games we have that Margaret and Emily will be able to start playing soon, too, given that they’ll be 3.  I do want to hold onto my babies and keep them small a little longer, I’m so not ready for them to be all grown up like they’re getting, but at the same time I really do look forward to all the fun things we’ll be able to do together as they get a bit older, and playing games as a family is definitely one of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scattergories is the best, and especially if you have quirky friends and family and you let more flexibility with answers go. We did a garage sale as well before September and did a cleaning of all our games, we have a 6 foot ottoman just filled with games.

Miss game nights!

Chandra

Elizabeth said...

Haha James and I used to have a few drinks while playing Scattergories, which was always extra hilarious. Oh, to be in my early 20s again and have the energy for such things. LOL!



blogger template by lovebird