Sunday, March 29, 2015

Gym motivation and a few kid updates

Written on Tuesday March 24/15...Not sure what made me forget to finish it/post it, but here it is!

I went to the gym yesterday a little after dinner.  I wasn’t going to go because I was running on 3 hours sleep, but I also knew I’d feel bad if I didn’t, so I did.  I discovered that if I do one full circuit I can actually get there, work out, and be home in one hour.  So it doesn’t have to take a super long time on days when I just want to get the work out but don’t have a lot of time.  I plan on doing the circuit twice the next time I go, as I want to push myself harder.  I have an appointment for a proper assessment coming up, and I’ll start using other machines once I’ve had that appointment.  But in all honesty, I love the circuit because it’s an automatic full body workout in just 30 minutes!  The biggest issue for me is still when the best times are to go, though.  Mornings are out because I don’t get enough sleep as it is, and James has to leave a little after 7 for work so I’d have to get there at 6am which does NOT work for me AT ALL!  I know a lot of people swear by working out in the early morning and I can see why, but it’s not for me!  Not at this stage of the game.  Evenings are my only option, but take tonight for instance...I just couldn’t do it.  I was so tired (again) and then decided maybe I’ll combine going to the gym with FINALLY ACTUALLY COMPLETING the C25K program.  But I imagined myself doing the run and I became even more tired, and decided to just stay in.  I know, I know, that’s not going to get me the results I’m wanting but...I’m doing what I can, in small steps!  :D

I hope to get to the gym twice more this week, so I actually DO think I’m doing pretty well, and I’ve found that I’m already more conscious of what I’m eating and what exercise I’m getting when I’m not at the gym because if I’m going to work at getting healthier by going to the gym, it doesn’t make sense to ignore that goal in other areas of my life.  

In other news…

After dropping Andrew off at school today, the girls and I drove to a park near a friend’s place who also has twins (boy/girl who are only 4 months younger than Margaret and Emily).  We hadn’t seen each other in a while so it was nice to reconnect, and the girls enjoyed playing on the playground for a while.  It was a great park for little ones because it’s fully enclosed and made for preschool age, so there really wasn’t anything they could do to get into trouble.  It was cold so we couldn’t stay as long as we’d have liked, but it was nice to get out somewhere a little different than coming straight home from school like we usually do.

The girls have been napping later lately, and resisting more (especially Emily, when she has always been the good go-to-sleep-er.  I suspect it’s their way of phasing out nap time, only Momma isn’t ready for no nap situations, so it’s somewhat forced upon them!  They still NEED their nap because if they don’t have one they melt down by early afternoon.  So I’m justifying urging them to continue napping for the foreseeable future!  Today Emily resisted so long that by the time they actually fell asleep, they didn’t have as much time as usual and I actually had to WAKE THEM UP to go pick Andrew up from school.  They were totally disoriented because I’ve almost never woken them up when they’re napping!

Andrew has a REALLY loose upper front tooth.  I was SURE it was going to come out about 2 weeks ago but it has stubborn roots and it’s not quite ready yet, even though you can tell just by looking at it that it’s on it’s way out.  Fingers crossed he doesn’t lose this one, since the Tooth Fairy wrote him a note last time and said if the 3rd one isn’t under his pillow she’s giving up on him!  LOL  He kept his first tooth for sentimental reasons, and the second was lost in the living room, and we never found it (I’m guessing it got vacuumed up, though I searched the bag to no avail...and we’ve since had all new carpet installed so it’s not like it could just be hidden somewhere and we’ve yet to come across it...which would be really disgusting too given that he lost that tooth in September I think it was!   


No comments:



blogger template by lovebird