Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve is here!

I can’t believe The Big Day is almost here.  Santa is already making his rounds in other parts of the world!  It has been a whirlwind of preparation for this day, and yet at the same time it feels like the past month has flown by.

We’re all set for tomorrow.  Last night Andrew slept over at the mil’s, so I took the opportunity to bring ALL the presents downstairs and I hid them in the under-the-stairs closet.  (Fingers crossed we don’t end up with another leak in there before the presents are out…!!!)  This way I won’t have to panic tonight, trying to get everything downstairs without waking Andrew up.  His bedroom is right at the top of the stairs, and he sleeps with his door wide open and his light on...and the stairs are fairly creaky.  Not the best combo when trying to stealthily relocate presents from my closet to under the tree!  So my mind is at ease about that.  I have already prepared the mashed potatoes and the carrots and parsnips, which will make things so much easier for dinner prep tomorrow.  James is in charge of the tofurky (we’re looking forward to our tofurky, we haven’t had one since last Christmas!)  The mil is bringing the Brussels Sprouts, and it will be easy peasy to make the veg gravy, heat the cream corn, and get the other things like olives and cranberry sauce in bowls.  I’m making myself hungry just thinking about it!

I really want to watch Home Alone later, and then after the girls go to bed, Andrew, James and I are going to play some board games.  Should be a fun, festive evening!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird