Sunday, September 28, 2014

It's officially Fall...

Andrew’s first week of school went really well but he was soooo tired by the end of the day on Friday that he was completely hunched over and not quite himself.  Not fussy and tantrumy either, just really quiet and we could tell by the look on his face that he was out of sorts due to exhaustion.  I felt so bad for him!  I know he’ll get used to his new routine, and it’s not that he doesn’t enjoy school itself, I know he’s happy while he’s there.  It’s just a really long day for a 5 year old.

On Saturday my nana and one of my aunts came over from the island for a visit.  We had them and my parents over for an afternoon pizza party.  It felt like this weekend went by WAY too fast.  Other than the visit, the only thing I really did this weekend was clean up the backyard and all our spring/summer stuff is now packed away.  We still have the slide and climber out because there’s nowhere else to put it, and there might be some days when it’s decent enough to go out there and play as long as we’re all bundled up.  But the rain is supposed to set in tomorrow so I wanted to get as much done getting stuff today this weekend while it was still nice.  Even when its been rainy lately it has been so warm.  I hope it stays mild like this for a while, it’s definitely not hot like summer but it feels more like summer than fall.

Even though I miss summer already, there are things about fall I enjoy.  Andrew and I made a fall wreath for our door and we have that up now, as well as some fake fall flowers to match that we’ve put in the front yard to give it a bit of colour.  I miss our birdhouses and all the fun ‘flair’ we had going on in the garden for summer, so I wanted to do something for fall, too.  We also have a cute little scarecrow type character in the front yard that adds some cuteness to the mix!  Pretty soon we’ll be removing some of that stuff to decorate for Halloween...I want to wait till the middle of October to decorate but I don’t know if we’ll be able to wait that long.  Andrew and I are itching to get all our Halloween boxes out from under the stairs to get decorating!  We have almost as many Halloween decor boxes as we do Christmas.  It’s a big deal at our house =)

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird