Friday, April 18, 2014

Sitting on the front stoop, blogging

I went for a brisk walk today on my own, finally working toward getting fit - slowly.  I have done a terrible job so far, given I intended to start this journey in January!  I forget how quickly the days pass by, and then suddenly I realized April will soon be over and what do I have to show for it, aside from those same pesky 'love handles' I so desperately want rid of?!

I started doing a great workout on YouTube that I think if I stick with regularly I could really be getting fit - the only problem is I HAVE to do it in our living room (it requires a lot of jumping jacks, which wouldn't be good for the floor upstairs and would be super noisy!) and I'd prefer to do it during the day as it gives me energy - working out at 10pm once everyone's asleep is less than ideal.  The problem is, I started doing the workout with the kids around, and the first time Andrew got annoyed because he didn't want to watch it, and the next few times I've attempted it the girls (usually Emily) run toward me when I'm mid jumping jack (not safe!) and doing sit ups - forget it, all the kids want to pile on top of me as if it's a game!  Andrew I can talk to and get him to understand why it's so important for mommy to get fit, but the girls don't understand so I can't stop them from getting in the way.  I can't always find the time to do the type of workout I feel I need to do to truly get fit, and that's the reality/challenge I'm working with.  BUT with the nicer weather and it staying light longer, I hope to at least find more evening time to get out and be getting exercise of some kind.  Anything is better than nothing!!

I am also watching what I eat, drinking lots of water, and desperately hoping eventually I'll see some results. 

It's hard, even a brisk walk - the hills can seem endless and I kick myself for feeling so winded over something I could do so easily pre-twin pregnancy.  But I thought about it while I was out there - if I'd started this as I'd originally planned in January, I'd be fit by now, or at least much more so than I am now.  So I feel motivated to get er done, because if I get going strong on this now, I WILL be at a level of fitness I can be proud of in 4 months - which means I'll be feeling better about myself by August.  Not to the point of where I want to be, obviously, but a better place than I'm at now.  I CAN DO THIS!!!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird