Tuesday, February 04, 2014

It's all about me (for 5 minutes, at least!)



Just over a week ago I went and got my hair cut for the first time in 6 months.  I don’t usually go that long between cuts, but it’s so hard to find the time to go, and I was nervous about finding a new stylist.  My mom went to this particular woman and I liked what she did with her hair, so I decided to give her a try.  I am SO glad I did!  I absolutely LOVE my new haircut.  I decided I didn’t want to lose a lot of length because it took me so long to grow it long, but at the same time it felt too thick, heavy, and without any real style.  I basically gave her free range to do what she wanted, but I made sure to tell her I wanted it to be noticeably different.  I feel like for the first time in a long time, my hair actually has a style.  Maybe to other people it wouldn’t seem like it, but I feel so much better – sort of like a new me!  Definitely a change I was needing.  She basically drew a whole lot more hair into my bangs, which she referred to as ‘fringe’ (I’m really not up on my hair lingo, obviously), and there are lots of layers and she majorly thinned it out, but kept the majority of the length over all.  I LOVE it.  

I had a gift card for Ricki’s to use that my grandma gave me for Christmas, so I went there last weekend and got a nice top…and ended up doing a bit more shopping at a few other stores.  There were still some really amazing deals on leftover from Christmas, and even new clothes were on for a percentage off, so I really lucked out.  It’s extremely rare that I ever buy anything for myself these days.  Even if I go out with the intention of getting something for myself, I gravitate toward kid stuff and end up having adorably dressed children, but me…in a total style RUT.  I was telling my mom the other day that I often think, Why bother thinking about the way I’m dressed when no one even sees me anyway (because everyone’s looking at the kids).  But she made a good point – it does matter how I feel about myself.  And I have to be honest, I haven’t been feeling great about myself for quite a while (mainly in trying to ‘get used to’ my ‘new’ body post-twins).

But a few new pieces in my wardrobe and I really feel refreshed, and so much better about myself.  AND I’ve lost 2lbs!  Which is actually an amazing feat because I’ve done almost nothing in an effort to lose weight, as I was going on about doing in my New Year’s Resolution post.  I feel embarrassed to say that I haven’t been putting more effort in, and also a little angry at myself for not getting going on working toward my goal sooner rather than later.  BUT I have largely cut out snacking later in the evening (which is the downfall of many people, I believe) and already 2lbs have come off!  Which I know isn’t much, but it’s a start.  If I start exercising more and continue to watch what I eat, it should come off faster than I originally thought, if 2lbs came off with almost no effort.  Or at least that’s the hope!!

Tomorrow’s my birthday and while I do go by the calendar year, technically I believe the ‘new year’ starts tomorrow for me, since it’s the start of my next year.  So I have to say, that I’m feeling good going into it.  I’d say ‘energized’, but I was a total zombie today.  More sleep is definitely something I’d like to fit in somewhere this year, but I know I have to just stick to realistic goals, so I won’t even put that on my list =D

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird