Monday, February 03, 2014

Deciding on a school...it's out of our hands now!



Today I registered Andrew for Kindergarten.  KINDERGARTEN!  I swear I am going to be more wrought up on his first day of school than he will be.  It just feels so monumental, MY.BOY.IN.KINDERGARTEN.  ALREADY!!!!!

Anyway…So we’ve decided after all that we ARE going to try to transfer him to the elementary school that’s closer to us.  Not so much because he persuaded us to – I think he did always hope to go there, but I also know he’d be just as happy at either school.  There are pros and cons to both but ultimately it will be up to the schools to decide his fate, I just didn’t want to NOT try getting him into the other school and always wonder if we’d made the right choice.  I like the closeness of the one we’re hoping to transfer him to, because I could easily walk there in 5 minutes if I had to (10 would be walking at just a normal pace), whereas the school we’re in the catchment area of I’m thinking would be 20 minutes if I really booted it, but more like 25 or 30 if I wanted to saunter.  So we’ll see what happens, but I do sort of have my fingers crossed that it’s going to work out that he’ll get into the one we live right near.

Tomorrow we’re doing a preschool trial run, although in all honesty I’m apprehensive about it because I have to stay for it, which means I have to have the girls with me, and they seem to think the babies will just sit there and be subdued.  Seriously, who has a subdued I’m-fine-with-just-sitting-here-la-dee-da baby?!  I’ve never had one of those.  Andrew was just as his sisters will be – curious and raring to go and not the least bit shy to get right in there with the best of ‘em!  They also don’t get out nearly as much as Andrew did just by the logistics of 3 kids/twins being involved, so when they do go somewhere they are beyond excited and seem to really want to make the most of it.  So, yes, if nothing else, tomorrow should be interesting…!!!

I also got my drivers’ license renewed today.  James worked from home so I just took Andrew while the babies had their nap, and he couldn’t believe that I wasn’t allowed to smile for my picture.  I even showed him on the form, they have a happy face for ‘Before’ the picture, a happy face for ‘After’ the picture, but a completely straight-faced expression for ‘During.’  He laughed out loud and said, ‘That’s RiDICulous!’  LOL 

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird