Monday, December 30, 2013

Andrew will be FIVE tomorrow



December 30, 2013

Dear Andrew,

Tomorrow you turn 5 years old.  FIVE!!  That is a HUGE number to me.  I remember being 5 years old and I can’t believe my ‘baby’ boy will be that grown up already.
Five years ago today, I had no idea who you were.  I knew you could pack a punch like the best of them, and I was pretty sure you’d be good at soccer one day with the way you could kick (and I was right, you are awesome at soccer and you also happen to love it!) but I had no idea who you would be.  You were just known as ‘Baby’ and you might have been a girl (who we’d have called Margaret).  But the next day you became our New Year’s Eve baby BOY and we called you Andrew.  And you were (and still are!) PERFECT.  One of the reasons it seems so hard to believe that you are 5 already is because I remember the day you were born so vividly, like it just happened, and then I blinked and here we are, 5 whole years later.

You love it when I tell you that you were the best Christmas present I ever got, even though you decided to be born 8 days after your due date.  You really were the greatest gift a Momma could ever ask for.  I remember holding you, my scrunchy faced pudgy little 8.9lbs baby boy, the entire first night of your life.  I just couldn’t put you down, even though technically I was supposed to have you sleep in the bassinet by the bed.  You had been inside me for so long, I wasn’t prepared to have you anywhere but with me.  I held you on my chest and I remember you were such a strong newborn that you actually lifted your head up to look at me as I held you.  You were so amazing from the minute I laid eyes on you, and I was immediately in love with you, and have been in awe of you ever since!

You are a little boy now, but I will always think of you as my Baby Boy.  I am so proud of the person you are, and the person you are becoming.  You are so outgoing, something I really admire in you.  You are not afraid to try new things, you are always brave, you learn things so quickly and you have a wit that is far beyond your years.  Your use of vocabulary amazes me (and often makes me laugh) and you are doing so well with your printing and drawing lately.  I love that you enjoy doing crafts, baking, cooking, and pretty much any project you are game to help with.  I love your smile, your giggle, your sweet little-boy-voice, and the way you love to dance.  I love your hugs and kisses and the nice things you say to people without being asked to, which means you are genuine.  You are kind and thoughtful and a wonderful big brother to your baby sisters.  You are so patient and helpful, and even though you definitely have your almost-five-year-old moments (aka fits and tantrums…refusal to eat a healthy dinner…) you luckily have waaay more moments of being a smart, funny, adorable little boy who is so full of life and who makes everyone around him smile and laugh.  You are my sunshine and I love you SO much!  

I’m excited for you – being 5 is sure to be an exciting year!   

I love you, baby.

Love Forever,
Mommy        
                      
XOXOXO

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird