Monday, August 12, 2013

Recent random tidbits



I just noticed today that Emily has sprouted her 7th tooth!  These babies are changing so fast.  Getting more adorable by the second, when I would’ve thought that wouldn’t even be possible ;)

Margaret has taken 6 steps in a row, although I think 4 of those steps were with the same foot, so she was kind of going in a circle!  She generally does 2-3 steps at a time.  It’s really cute watching her, and you can just tell she is desperate to start running.  She looks where she wants to get to and you can see the gears working, like, come on legs, work it, get me there!

Emily hasn’t started walking yet but she is definitely close.  She can sure crawl fast!  Especially when trying to rush to Fifi’s bowl of cat food in the dining room!!  Whenever she’s allowed through the gate that leads to that section of the house, she makes a bee line for it.  (She once got a kibble before anyone noticed where she was, though she didn’t actually eat it because I got it out of her mouth before she could!)  Apparently she really enjoyed Fifi’s food because she’s obsessed with getting to it.  When she gets beyond the gate she just starts madly crawling…or she might just be going at normal speed and then I’ll say, ‘Em-i-ly!’ like I know she’s up to something and she starts crawling like it’s an Olympic sport and she’s definitely going for gold!  LOL  Margaret on the other hand, if she’s doing something she knows she shouldn’t and I say, ‘Marrrrr-garet!’ she stops right away and looks at me like, ‘What?!’  Usually then she’ll stop, unless she’s trying to get at some sort of electronics.  She’s obsessed with iPhones and remote controls!

It’s so cute watching the babies play together now.  They are starting to babble at each other sometimes (not a lot, but when they do it’s the cutest thing ever!)  They fight over toys if there’s only one of what they’re wanting, but yesterday I actually saw Margaret try to pass a toy to her sister to play with.  She loves to share, if you give her a cracker or cookie or something she can hold herself to eat, she will take a bite and then hold it out and try to get you to take a bite, too.

Andrew is pretty good with his sisters.  He absolutely adores them, there’s no question about that.  He can be a bit aggressive with them at times, but nothing beyond what would be normal, and if anything I’d say it’s a lot less than I’d have expected given he has TWO little ankle biters to deal with!  I know he doesn’t know any different, but it’s double the trouble compared to one baby sibling, so I think he’s amazing with them.  They look at him like he is God, so he can pretty much do no wrong.  They grin at him like they idolize him.  It’s really cute. 

On Saturday we took the kids to a little fair at Kensington Park, which ended up being a hit with Andrew because there were bouncy castles and even a few cool Midway rides.  The girls enjoyed crawling/Margaret practiced walking on the grass.  After a bit of a rest in between, we went back out to buy a Laugh and Learn house from someone near Como Lake (through Craigslist).  Andrew had the same toy when he was a baby but we didn’t hold onto it for our future child(ren) because it took up so much space.  I saw it on CL and had to have it for the girls, and James agreed.  It has basically already paid for itself, all 3 kids have been enjoying it!  Of course it’s babyish for Andrew, but it’s a novelty item at the moment.  He likes to play with his sisters anyway, so if they’re having fun with it, he goes along with it.  As soon as we brought it into the house and put it on the floor by the babies, Emily stood up against it, then threw her arms up in the air in that way she does, and she squealed!  So obviously it meets her expectations of a cool toy!! 


Because we were in the area to pick up the toy, we decided to check out Como Lake.  I’ve heard of it but never been, so now we can say we walked around the whole thing.  Which sounds impressive, but it’s a tiny lake – it probably took us about 10 minutes to walk around it, and that’s only because Andrew can’t go very fast with his kid legs!  LOL  It was a nice outing, though.  We’d hoped to have a little picnic but it was too goose poopy, but the kids did enjoy the swings at the little playground before we headed home.

Lately I’m finding I get anxious if we have to be out around supper time, which kind of sucks.  I have always liked being the type of parent who let’s her kids sleep whenever they need to, but if the babies nap around dinner time (and they pretty much ALWAYS sleep if we’re driving) they tend to stay up very late – as in often till at least 11pm.  It sucks for me because I REALLY need a bit of quiet time in the evenings after everyone’s in bed – and realistically, it’s hard because after they go to sleep, before I have some quiet time where I do what I want I have to get James’ lunch made for the next day, tidy up, make formula for the next day, and the list goes on (sometimes laundry, etc).  If Margaret in particular (though sometimes it’s Emily, too) stays up till 11pm, it means I am up till 12:30-1am doing all my chore stuff and then I either have zero time to myself or I end up staying up till around 2 just to get a tiny bit of time to collect my thoughts.  Getting up at 7am then means I am a complete wreck for most of the next day, which totally sucks.  Today was big time one of those days.  Not good AT ALL.  I also have some really stressful family stuff happening that I don’t feel like blogging about that has been making it harder to sleep because I’m worrying about that…I really, REALLY need some solid sleep, but even when I do get, say 6 hours in a row, it never feels like it’s even close to being enough.  By afternoon I am always feeling pretty zonked, it’s just kind of my normal I guess!

James is changing jobs after Labour Day weekend, so that’s some big news.  I’m still processing it – while I’m happy for him in terms of this being better for his career, big changes like that are kind of stressful for me.  I know I’m not the one having to do it, it won’t affect me TOO much, but still!  The great thing is that after tomorrow he’s off for the rest of the week.  YAY for some days off!  Of course for him they’ll be more exhausting days than if he went to work, but for me it’s GLORIOUS!!!  I’m getting my hair done later in the week which I’m really looking forward to since it has been 7 months since I had my hair cut last.  I’m even getting highlights, which I haven’t got since I can’t even remember when.  It’ll be soooo nice to have a few hours to myself.  I look forward to family outings too, and hopefully, fingers crossed, a date night for me and James…if we can find someone willing to take on the kiddos for us =)

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird