Monday, December 31, 2012

Andrew's birth day



Today was (well, still is) Andrew’s birthday, and our plan was to take him to Science World.  However, I had a splitting headache (still – this is now day 3 of it) this morning, and knew there was no way I’d be able to go anywhere with it.  James had a slight headache himself, and Andrew was complaining about a stomach ache…which developed into a fever and him sleeping for the majority of the day.  We were getting worried about him, when he suddenly became himself again and dressed up like the Incredible Hulk and started dancing around the room.  He’s completely back to his old self now!

So we didn’t do anything for his birthday, but at least he had his party yesterday so it wasn’t a complete bust.  Last year his party was cancelled and we were all sick, so at least we got some celebrating in this year before things went down hill!!

It doesn’t feel like ‘new years’ to me because it will always be Andrew’s Birthday to me on this day.  I don’t feel super reflective about the year like I normally would, although I’m definitely appreciative of the past year. 2011 was the worst year of my entire life, pretty much from start to finish it was bad news.  So having not one, but TWO bundles of joy brought to us this year felt like such a beautiful miracle, and made for a wonderfully memorable year.

I’m feeling bittersweet about our upcoming move.  I’m getting more and more excited the more I think about it (James went and filled out the application today and we’ve put a deposit down so the place is essentially ours as I can’t see any reason why our application would be denied!)  I can hardly wait to get into the new place and start decorating, as tired and insane as I feel most of the time.  It will be cathartic for me to purge here and start fresh in the new place.

But I will miss this condo for sure.  So much happened here, I went through both the good and the bad here and there are a lot of memories within these walls.  I love it here and of course it feels like home to me, and part of me is feeling sad and scared about leaving it because I realize what I’m leaving behind.  It’s not like past moves where I desperately wanted to leave where I was.  This is such a cozy home and as I sit here typing this, I feel like this is where I belong.  It feels weird to know that literally one month from now, we will have turned over the keys and will never go here again.  Also weird knowing we’ll live so close to the place that we’ll likely see the new tenants hanging out in the yard space in the summer time!

But it’s good, I’m happy, just emotional, and I guess there’s nothing wrong with a bit of that.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird