Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just me and my girls



The morning started off a little chaotic today, but over all things have gone quite smoothly.  Andrew went downtown today, so it was just me and the girls.  That SHOULD mean that I can go back to sleep after James and Andrew head out, since the girls feed and inevitably go back to sleep.  However, I put them in the bed with me to make things ‘easier’ and ultimately it meant I slept very little, because Emily is SO LOUD while she sleeps!  I don’t know what we’re going to do once they have to start sleeping in their crib in our room, which is going to be within the next week or two tops, given how big they’re getting in the bassinet together.

The other issue is that I have to pump milk every 3 hours, give or take a bit of time.  I can go 4-5 hours, but the longer I go, the worse it is for my supply over all.  Since I’m still trying at the very least to maintain what supply I have, if not make it stronger, I don’t want to go much more than 3 hours between if I can help it.  It’s frustrating, because it means I can’t sleep when I actually COULD.

Last night I had a little breakthrough moment of actually latching Emily to the breast without a nipple shield, and without much fuss from her at all.  I haven’t been successful at it again since, but I only tried once today, so I’m sure we’ll be able to do it again!  Margaret can be latched no problem.  So we’re getting there…I want to keep practicing at it, in the hopes of tandem nursing primarily, although I don’t know how feasible that will actually be.  I just have to stop beating myself up over it, and recognize that it’s challenging breast feeding twins…

I’m having a day today where I feel like everything is going to work out.  Some days I just feel too overwhelmed, I can’t see the forest for the trees as the saying goes.  But today I can see a little more clearly, and I feel like this life is doable, even if it does seem crazy at times!!  I DID have a bit of a nap this afternoon, though, which helps with the ‘seeing clearly’ part.  My aunt and uncle came over and cuddled the babies while I slept for about 45 minutes.  I could have slept much longer, but it was a very much appreciated rest, that hopefully will at least see me through heating up supper for when the boys get home before I’m completely zombie-fied again!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird