Friday, October 12, 2012

Getting closer....MUCH closer!!!



I went back for another OB appt (not with my OB but another at the same office) to have my blood pressure checked and to get the group b strep test done.  I also had my cervix checked (2 cm dilated at this point).  My blood pressure isn’t as high as Tuesday but it’s still high, and I’m experiencing several symptoms of HBP so the OB has recommended I be induced as early as Monday.  I won’t know for sure till later today or possibly even Monday morning, but it will be happening for sure by early next week.  I am feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment…a bit freaked out…but in some ways relieved that we know it will be sooner rather than later.  I’m in so much pain and discomfort that as much as I wish they could bake as long as they’d like, I kind of just need them out already.

I’m feeling torn because I’d really hoped to do this completely naturally if I could have, but I am pretty sure with induction the epidural will become necessary, since I’ve heard the contractions are more severe when induced?  Although I don’t see how they COULD get more severe than I felt them doing it naturally in the past…Still, at this point I think it’s important to just go with whatever needs to be done. 

Anyone who has been induced using Cervadil and then possibly Oxytocin to force contractions, I would love to hear your experience with it to know what I might expect from it.  I have no idea how this is going to be.  I do know it can take a while to take effect, so getting induced Monday doesn’t necessarily mean babies will be born that day.  I also know induction labour can take a lot longer in general than natural and I’m a little bummed about that because it could potentially mean a much more drawn out labour when I’m pretty sure if this happened naturally, it would be relatively quick (just a hunch based on my previous experience).  But again…I just have to do what’s in the best interest of the babies and myself, and keeping them in with me having high blood pressure isn’t really good for any of us.

Wow.  MONDAY!  I can’t believe this is happening.  This weekend is going to feel kind of crazy I think!

1 comment:

Trista said...

I was induced that same way for high blood pressure (no other symptoms).. I wonder if a phone chat would be easier?



blogger template by lovebird