Sunday, July 29, 2012

A (somewhat) peaceful Sunday


This morning James and I went to De Dutch for breakfast.  We reminisced a bit on our trip to Holland, I can’t believe it was 11 years ago that we were there!  It really doesn’t seem that long ago.  After breakfast we did a bit of a grocery shop, then headed home and sat outside in the yard.   

The building gardeners butchered our garden on Friday – I’m now calling the grounds ‘Butchered Gardens’, a play on Victoria’s Butchart Gardens!  Seriously, they went right into our yard space, hacked away at the shrubbery, and then left big piles of cut shrubs and plants all over the place.  I have yet to clean it up because 1. I’m still in shock they did it in the first place and 2. It hurts my back and belly to do all the leaning I’ll need to do to get the job done.  Soooo annoying.  My dad helped prune the plants in the spring when it was actually an appropriate time to do so, so I’m not sure why they felt the need to whack everything way down.  Some of the plants outside our living room window had their pretty summer red blooms across the top, and I actually love to sit and look out at those blooms specifically because they only last a few weeks.  They’ve all been hacked off!  I was pretty shocked to say the least, when I got home on Friday evening and saw all that had been done.  We talked to the building manager about it and we’re not the only ones who feel it was a hack-job, so obviously everyone on the ground floor had their garden violated. 

Anyway…that’s my rant about that, I have to try to move on now.  I’ve made a sign that I’m going to laminate that kindly asks the gardeners to keep out of our yard space, so hopefully this won’t happen again – although I feel gypped because we’re not going to live here for another summer, so I’m never going to see those pretty blooms again that they cut away =(

Anyway…after we sat out in the yard for a while, we got some chores done and then relaxed some more before the boy got home this evening from his double sleepover.  He had a great time at my parents’ place, so great that he was M-I-S-E-R-A- B-L-E about having to come home!  It was a rough evening for all of us as a result.  Unfortunately it sort of made it feel like we hadn’t had a break at all, but oh well…Hopefully he’ll be in better spirits tomorrow so we can have some fun!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird