Thursday, May 10, 2012

The second trimester is sooo much better than the first!


Time isn’t going by quite as slowly these days.  I think getting to my 12 week ultrasound was something I was longing for since the first one, and now that I’ve passed that and believe all to be well with the babes, I’m less anxious. 

Not being nauseous 24/7 is also helpful.  Today I took 3 Diclectin instead of 4, and I’m hoping I can continue that.  Even with James’ awesome medical benefits (thank gawd he got started on those RIGHT when we needed them!) Diclectin is costing us $60/month.  Big OUCH factor.  We so don’t need that expense when we have the added expense of a vehicle now/gas, not to mention two babies on the way – not that they’ll cost much in the beginning, but oh just give it time!!  It could be far worse though.  Without any medical benefits the pills would be $187 PER MONTH.  Which is INSANE.  It’s basically a necessity for pregnancy, in my opinion – it should be cheap or free for any and all who need it.

Anyhoo…I’m trying to just live in the present, while looking forward to future events (short-term, mostly, such as our next ultrasound in June!  Or all the fun things I hope we’ll get to do now through the summer).  In some ways I feel like I HAVE to take things one day at a time, because I’m still generally pretty tired (though not nearly as insanely tired as I was through the first trimester) and I can’t think too far in advance!  I also really WANT to take things one day at a time, because I know in a matter of months my life is going to change forever, and drastically.  This is the calm before the storm, so to speak.  It’s unfortunate that pregnancy renders a woman so exhausted and not-herself in terms of the changes to her body and the limitations that come along with that, because it’s NOW that I’d like to be able to do so much that I know I won’t be able to do (at least not at all easily) once I have a 3 year old and 2 newborns!  But, such is life.  At the same time, I’m grateful that I didn’t have children too young, and that I had many years of doing whatever, whenever, essentially.  Not saying I’ve already had my day in the sun and now it’s all over for me (some days it feels that way, but it doesn’t have to be that way, and isn’t all the time!)  While I can’t prepare for what’s to come because I’ve never had 3 children before, I also ‘get’ what it’s going to be like, or at least I have a pretty good idea.  I want to enjoy this bit of time, to the best of my ability, where things are a whole lot easier (less complicated) than they’re going to become.  Which is not to say I’m not totally excited about what’s to come, because I also know that for all the hardships and ripping-my-hair-out moments, it’s going to be an amazing time having all my 3 kids to enjoy!

All my 3 kids.  GULP!!!

Today Andrew let my mom cut his hair (after some major tantrums because he did NOT want it done…but it HAD to be done because his hair was turning into a weird helmet shape with a mullet…and no child of mine is going to sport a mullet on my watch!) and he looks SO ADORABLE.  Older in some ways, but his cheeks look chubbier and he’s just such a cutie.  I love it when he’s got a fresh buzz cut!  He fell asleep on our way home tonight, and I carried him in from the car (exhausting and uterus-pulling – something I probably shouldn’t be doing, but had no choice) and before I put him into his bed I looked at him in the mirror.  The way he held onto me even though he was fast asleep, I just love looking at his little (yet getting bigger and bigger every day) body in my arms, and I caught sight of the adorableness of his cheeks against his new ‘do and I was so smitten!  I love my boy so much and I can’t imagine loving anyone as much as I love him, but I’m excited knowing that I AM going to love 2 babies every bit as much (just in different ways).  I can hardly wait for all the cuddles, I’m going to be one lucky Momma!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird