Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saturday in the city


(I wrote this on Saturday but am only posting it now…)

Today we met up with James’ half sister and her boyfriend for lunch at the café in the Vancouver Art Gallery.  I had no idea they have such a big outdoor patio there.  The food was good, although maybe a tad pricey for what you get, but healthy.  And such a nice spot to sit.  It was so warm, it felt more like summer than spring.  It was good to see them again as it had been…I can’t even remember how long since we saw them last.  Maybe 8 or more months?!  A long time, anyway. 

Andrew did fairly well, considering how boring it would be for a 3 year old to sit while adults want to chat.  He tried to run off a few times though, and got fairly grumpy.  We told him if he was a good boy we would take him to Science World afterwards, and eventually he just couldn’t take it anymore and said, ‘We can’t stay here ALL DAY, let’s go to Science World now!’  LOL  He still managed to charm his aunt and uncle though, I don’t think they could believe how much he had grown.

We eventually did hit up Science World.  Usually Andrew is so into everything there that you really have to keep up to him, going from station to station.  This time he seemed a bit more laid back, so James and I sat for a bit and just watched him play from a distance.  It’s so nice to be able to do that!  We still keep an eye on him (I keep both eyes on him, I can’t help it, I can never just ‘sort of’ keep watch, I’m always on guard!  Motherly instinct, maybe?!) but we got to sit and relax, which was sooo nice.  I actually found I HAD to sit a fair bit.  Seriously, I’m only 11 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) but I feel further along, and I get tuckered out pretty easily ALREADY.  Scary to think how it will be when I actually AM getting far along!  I find sometimes my sciatic nerve acts up and I get a pain going down my leg a bit, not terrible, but enough that I don’t want to be walking or standing sometimes.  Craziness.  Anyway, it was a fun outing, even if I was completely wiped by the time we got home!


No comments:



blogger template by lovebird