Friday, February 10, 2012

Meekend

I have the entire weekend to myself.

I have not been able to say that since…I honestly can’t even remember when.  I’m never without my little sidekick for any length of time!  I’ve been on my own for one night, once last summer when James took Andrew camping.  But that’s it in the last 3 years +.  So this is kind of a big deal!

I don’t know what to do with myself.  Tonight I went to Coquitlam Center and ended up getting Andrew a bunch of cute clothes from Old Navy.  Usually I never find anything there for him (though I admit I rarely go in there to look) but I could have bought him so many cute things this time!  It’s mostly spring stuff, but before you know it spring will be here – so luckily my boy will be prepared ;)  I just can’t help but get him things, he looks so cute in everything and even though he gets bored when opening clothes as a gift, he does enjoy his clothes – he asks to wear certain things often enough!  I even got him a cute pair of brown shoes that I’m hoping he’ll take to.  He got red Converse high tops for Xmas from his aunt and they’re ADORABLE, but they’re a size 10 and he’s about a 7 ½ - 8 right now.  He refuses to wear anything but the Converse, though, so he clunks around awkwardly and falls often.  It’s VERY annoying!!  So hopefully this will work, getting him into something else while his feet grow into the ‘cool’ shoes!

I also got some new bath mats and a couple of things for the bathroom (from Jysk).  Now I’m wondering if that’s my sign to finally paint that room…One of the items on my bucket list is to paint at least one room of our place this year…The bathroom would take the least amount of paint!  Maybe I’ll consider a paint colour this weekend and get the ball rolling on that…

I do plan to do some organizing and possibly some downsizing this weekend.  But otherwise I plan to sleep in as much as possible, put my feet up and relax with a book, or crocheting, bubble baths…This is my time to just ‘be’!  I have to take advantage of it! 

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird