Monday, November 14, 2011

A crisp fall walk


Today Andrew and I went out to the store and had a little walk out in the wind, leaves blowing all around us.  It was cold, but sunny.  I love walking hand in hand with him.  Sometimes I’ll think it’s a safe place for him to roam somewhat free, and I’ll lessen my grip on his little hand, but he remains with his hand latched into mine, and I love that.  He is just SO CUTE and even after almost 3 years of being with him pretty much every single day of his life, I can’t get over how adorable he is.  I constantly kiss him and hug him and tell him how much I love him, and I couldn’t imagine it any other way.

It was nice to have a little outing, but it was pretty cold so we didn’t venture too far.  I was proud of myself for getting us out though, I really am trying to make the effort to get out more often and not be so cooped up inside, which I know isn’t healthy.

When we got home we dug through the storage unit a bit (well, I did!) and found the box with his wooden train set in it that my parents got him last Christmas.  We don’t have room for the table for it in our condo, but I figured he may as well be getting use out of the train.  We set it up on his bedroom floor and that whiled away quite a bit of time.  It was fun setting it up, and then watching Andrew move the train around the track, saying ‘Chugga chugga, toot tooooot!’

James texted to say he’d be home early so we went and waited for him by the mailboxes, and as soon as he walked through the front door, Andrew was yelling, ‘Daddy, I have a train!  I HAVE A TRAIN!  You have to see it!’ and went running down the hall so fast he kept falling over himself!

I’m trying to stay focused on the positive things.  I was doing really well today, and then around 4:00 my mind just started drifting to darker places, and I found myself with a serious case of the blahs by 5.  I’ve done a pretty good job of pushing it away, but it’s still…there.  A tidbit of good news is that the therapist I’m booked with had a cancellation, so I’m now going next week for that appointment, which I think is going to be a very good thing.




No comments:



blogger template by lovebird