Sunday, October 09, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


This afternoon we took Andrew back to Science World.  The way he says, ‘Science World’ is so cute.  It comes out more like, ‘Science Wold.’  I love kid speak!

He had a lot of fun, in particular at the kids play area, although he still loves the dinosaur exhibit and some of the other game areas.  A lot of the place is out of bounds at the moment because they’re renovating so hopefully things start to open up in the near-ish future – at least before a year from now when our membership will be up!  I kind of think they should have discounted passes at the moment, at least for people only coming for one day, because ultimately there isn’t ALL that much there that would interest adults at the moment, or at least that’s my opinion. 

Anyway, we had fun doing all the stuff Andrew likes.  He didn’t want to leave when we did, but it was time to head over to my bro and sil’s for Thanksgiving dinner.  They live within walking distance of Science World so it made sense to go there first. 

It was awesome having Thanksgiving at my bro’s – they did almost all the prep and cooking for it.  There was even a Tofurky!  Everything was so yummy – and my bro even made a Pumpkin Cheesecake and a Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert!  Sooooo good.  We were absolutely stuffed after.

Andrew had fun and while I wish he would have eaten more well-balanced, after one bite of carrots and parsnips he did eat a large amount of mashed potatoes with gravy.  It filled him up and not long after that, he crashed and was out for the rest of the evening.  James put him in my bro and sil’s bed and he slept there soundly while the rest of us hung out.

It was nice to get together since it’s not often that we all do.  And I loved that everything was pretty well taken care of for us!  My mom and I cooked a few things to bring but it was easy peasy compared to what my bro and sil took upon themselves.  It’s sooo nice to go to a hosted event, not that I don’t enjoy having people over, but it’s so much more relaxing not being the host!

I suppose it would make sense to acknowledge some of the things I’m thankful for, with it being Thanksgiving.  It being a long weekend is one of them – it’s so nice to have one more day with James home so we can spend more time together.  I’m obviously thankful for a lot of things I’m not going to mention, but the things I will mention are: my health and the health of my loved ones, MY BOY AND MY HUSBAND AND THE BABE IN MY BELLY, my family in general, the home we live in and location.  I sometimes get worked up, have my ‘first world problems’, worry that things aren’t good enough or going quite right or what have you.  But when it comes right down to it, I have soooo much to be thankful for, and I know I am so so lucky to have the life that I do.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird