Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wardrobe woes


I’m feeling really depressed about my wardrobe right now.  Or should I say, total lack there of.  I feel like I’m not pregnant ‘enough’ yet to warrant wearing maternity clothes, but my ‘normal’ clothes are fitting too snug in the belly already so I can’t wear those either.  I have lots of summery clothes to wear, but it’s very clearly NOT summer anymore around here.  So I basically have ONE pair of pants that are fitting me at the moment, and they are yoga type pants.  I feel so unstylish wearing them, which just makes me want to be invisible, and I hate that feeling.

I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get some maternity clothes.  They might fit a bit loosely in parts for a little while, but I have a feeling given I can tell I’m pregnant just by looking at my belly at 7 weeks (starting week 8 tomorrow!), it’s probably not going to be long before I’m even bigger and thus filling out the maternity clothes.

I just feel so blah about the way I look right now.  I hate the sort of in-between stage of early pregnancy where I am paranoid that people are thinking, ‘Is she pregnant, or is she just carrying some extra layers in her mid-section?!’  Not that it should matter, and hey, as a matter of fact I DO carry a little extra there even without being preggers!  But certainly not as much as what it is appearing right now.  I’m at that awkward in-between stage, not big yet but not my normal size either, and it’s frustrating.  Mostly when I want to get dressed to leave the house.  I want to feel good about myself, or at the very least feel presentable in what I’m wearing!

I don’t want to go out and buy clothes that are NOT maternity wear, because I don’t know exactly what my size and shape will be to re-wear the clothes again once I’ve had the baby.  I also don’t know what style I’ll want then – I remember after I had Andrew I wanted a ‘new look’ to go with my new life, and the clothes I had before, what fit me again a few months post-pregnancy, just weren’t ‘it’ anymore for the most part.  So I don’t want to spend money on clothes that will only fit for a very short time and might be totally impractical later on.

Sigh.  I hate dealing with this stuff.  On the other hand, I haven’t splurged on myself in quite a long time.  The last time I bought any clothing whatsoever for myself was probably in around March or April when I bought some clothes for the spring/summer.  So it’s not a terrible thing that I’ll be getting some new things, especially since I’ll obviously need things that will fill out with my belly.  I just wish I’d kept a few of my maternity pants from when I was carrying Andrew, because they’d at least suffice for a little while.  I got rid of them after he was born and I’d lost the majority of the baby weight because I’d worn the same few pairs of pants SO much for what felt like SO long that I didn’t want to look at them anymore!  But now I’m sort of regretting that.

Time to go do a little shopping!  Maybe I should stick my belly out a little further while I’m in the shops, so it doesn’t seem QUITE as ridiculous that I’m getting my maternity wardrobe so early in the pregnancy…

Self-conscious much?!  Yeah, maybe a little  =P

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird