Sunday, September 25, 2011

So far, so good on the health front!


Knock on wood, as I don’t want to jinx myself here, but so far my immune system is proving to be awesome!  No cold for Lizzie. 

Andrew is doing a lot better, still plugged up but it doesn’t seem to be bothering him, and it’s not nearly as bad as it was the other day.  James, unfortunately only seems to be getting worse.  He was basically in bed all day today.  I think it’s the worst cold he’s had in years.

So I’m doing my best to avoid him, because the idea of getting a cold when I’m already feeling run-down and dealing with early pregnancy symptoms makes me cringe!  I really need to stay focused on staying healthy.  I looked it up, and it seems people believe that during pregnancy the woman’s immune system goes down in order to give all the good stuff to the baby.  But I am choosing instead to believe that my immune system is UP, because if I’m feeling better I’ll be able to better look after the little one! 

As I lay in bed writing this, I can honestly feel some movement in my belly.  And it doesn’t feel like gas movement (!) so…I’m really wondering about this!  It seems so bizarre to be feeling ANYTHING of this sort so early, but I can’t deny what I can feel!

Today we (me, Andrew, and my parents) made the colossal mistake of going to Superstore.  SUPERSTORE on a SUNDAY.  Ridiculous.  I felt overwhelmed and frustrated by how busy it was.  I had a woman actually shove her cart right into my back side.  I turned around and said, ‘I can’t move any faster!’  Which she should have seen for herself, since there were so many people in front of me, I’m not quite sure where she wanted me to go.  I hate shopping on the weekend.  Especially with being a SAHM, I think I’ve gotten used to doing all my shopping during morning or afternoon hours when typically stores aren’t quite so busy.  I will never go grocery shopping – at least at places like Superstore or Walmart – on a weekend EVER again!  (Even when one day I’m no longer a SAHM!!)

I apologize for the boring post, but for now it’s all I’ve got.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird