Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One of those days...


Today I felt extremely tired, but luckily my mom came by around 1 and picked Andrew up.  He’s still at his grandparents’ place now, so James and I were even able to have a quiet, peaceful dinner together.  (I made ‘Spinach Lasagna Rolls’ from a recipe I found through Pinterest – yes, I recently signed up and think it’s pretty cool!)  The rolls turned out really well and went great with a salad and yummy cheese bread. 

I had a bit of a rough start to the day in that I was feeling sooooooo tiiiiiiiiiired and when Andrew figured out that it would be easy to get me in a mood, he was ALL IN trying to get me angry.  Sometimes he can be sympathetic, at least as much as a 2 ¾ year old can be.  He’s fairly sensitive to when people aren’t feeling quite right.  But other times, such as today, he decided it would be FUN to make my life a living hell, and the fact that I was tired and easily upset meant he could have EXTRA fun with it.

He did everything from kick me (trying to act as if it wasn’t on purpose), scream just to get a reaction, throw things when I told him not to.  Oh and the best was asking for specific foods, such as mush or Hulk Food (what he calls Motts Fruitsations!) or specific types of juice.  Then when I’d bring it to him, he’d say, ‘I don’t want it.’

Oh, the joys of parenthood!

He did ease up on me a little bit for just a little while, and when I sat down on the couch exhausted he came over and sat right beside me and held onto me.  I do love those moments where he’s obviously comfortable where he is, but he makes a point to move closer to me.  But the majority of the time…I was counting down the time till my mom would come and take him off my hands!

I ended up sleeping for about 2 hours, not a solid sleep but definitely restful.  And I felt like I accomplished something by getting Andy’s room tidied up and slightly reorganized.  But mostly I couldn’t help but just laze around, I was SO TIRED.  I have a bit of a stuffy nose and feel a general sense of ‘out of it’ from the cold I’m getting, so I think it was good to get that lounge time in.  Thank gawd my parents moved this way, I don’t know what I would do if they were still in Nanaimo, truthfully.  As much as I do still miss the house and some of what Nanaimo signified for me, and I DO miss it, still get quite sad about it at times, actually – times like today remind me of what we gained for all the sacrifices made.

Thankfully I wasn’t sick today.  I took Diclectin twice so far, in fact I think I’m going to have to start taking the full dose of 4 per day just to stave off whatever I can.  I felt slightly nauseous a couple of times today but nothing too major.  It’s often just having to prepare food that does it.  The smell, or just looking at food in general can set me off.  I have to try to psych myself out of feeling sick from the sight of food, especially when Andrew is asking for this snack and that snack – I can’t just not feed him when he’s telling me he’s hungry!  So even when I don’t want to deal with food I have to do it.  But at least today I proved successful at not barfing…I know the night is young but I want to be optimistic!

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird