Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Party time!


On Sunday we took Andrew to a toddler birthday party.  The son of one of James’ co-workers was turning 3.  He was a cute little guy, and it was fun watching Andrew play with the other kids at the party.  Well, at their age they don’t really play together, per se, but there was some interaction!  The birthday boy gave us kisses when we got to the party, and gave Andrew a hug.  Well, Andrew likes kisses too, so he leaned in and kissed N on the lips and N went, ‘Blaaaaaaaah!’  LOL  It was pretty funny.

The party was at the Fun 4 Kids play center at Park Royal in North Van and I highly recommend it for kids aged about 2 ½ and up.  Andrew thought he’d died and gone to heaven there!  He LOVED it!  Both James and I went through the whole thing with him and a word of warning – it’s exhausting!!  Especially because it’s built for little ones, so adults have to do everything crouched down and after a while I found it started to get uncomfortable.

The party theme was Spiderman, so again Andrew was pretty thrilled!  It was right up his alley.  So cute to go to a little friend’s birthday party!

Before the party we went to my bro and sil’s – we hadn’t been there for a long time so it was nice to have a visit with them and the bulldogs.  Andrew had fun playing soccer with Gertie =)  And my brother made us an amazing brunch, we were really impressed.

It was a really long day - fun, but it made me realize how I’m not used to spending entire days outside of the home.  Not that I’m home ALL the time or anything, but we don’t usually go somewhere for 8-9 hour stretches.  I was pretty beat when we got home, but the good news is that Andrew slept pretty well, and so did I.  I actually went to bed early and vowed to try to start doing that more regularly, although I have been unsuccessful at it the past few nights…

PS I just finished reading another book, called Warning of Gales by Annie Sanders.  At first I wasn’t sure about it, but then I got into it and really couldn’t put it down.  I was sad when it ended, because like with any good book, you know it’s over and you don’t get to learn any more about the characters.  Definitely a great, easy and fun summer read.


2 comments:

Smelly Danielly said...

Your brother has bulldogs!? Did he get them from a breeder? We are looking into getting an English Bulldog but I don't really know where to start looking.

Elizabeth said...

They have a French Bulldog and an English Bulldog! They got their Frenchie from a pet store, which I know tends not to be adisable but I'm so glad they did since she's such a sweetie pie. I think it's quite possible she WAS from a puppy mill situation originally, tho, so that's not a good thing.

Their English Bulldog was from a breeder, but they got her full grown - she was from Ontario or something and they had her sent to Vancouver. I wouldn't advise that either because while they love her and she's a sweetie also, she has some 'issues' and I think it would have made more sense to get another dog after actually seeing the animal in person first to know if they were a right fit.

So I don't think this will be of much help to you!! I know they did look into getting a puppy from a breeder in the area tho, so I'll ask my sil and get back to you if she has any info on reputable breeders in the lower mainland.



blogger template by lovebird