Sunday, August 21, 2011

Footloose and fancy free


Last night Andrew stayed over at his Nana’s, and tonight he’s camping with his Daddy and Nana on the Sunshine Coast.  I would have liked to have seen the Sunshine Coast, but I’m not huge on camping…though the main reason I chose to stay home is because I don’t think it would be healthy for me to spend that much time in a row with my mil.  We get along best by not spending too much time together at all…

This is the first time I’ve been away from my boy for 2 nights in a row.  And it’s the first night I’ve had on my own in at least 3 years!  Which is CRAZY but true!  I’m always with my boy, what can I say.

I was a bit apprehensive about him staying over at the mil’s and then going camping the next night, and expressed that it could be an issue in terms of fussiness from him.  And lo and behold earlier this evening James called and Andrew was absolute sob central on the phone screaming MOMMY MOMMY, SEE MOMMY MOOOOMMMMMMYYYYY!  Awwwwww!!  My poor baby boy missed me so much.  It definitely tore at my heart strings, but at the same time it was good for me to talk to him and tell him I love him and that he can tell me all about his fun trip tomorrow.  He’s asleep now in the tent with his Dad and it puts my mind at ease a little bit to know he’s asleep.  James probably won’t get much sleep given they’re sharing a single air mattress, meanwhile I am planning on sprawling out in our cozy queen sized bed tonight!  Ha!!  I deserve it though, since I can honestly say sharing a single sized mattress with the boy would be more than enough room for us both since I basically have learned to take up as few inches of the bed as I have to in order to accommodate him!!  So it’s nice for me to have a night of freedom in that regard.  I do miss him a lot though, I am in withdrawal for kisses from my sweet little guy.

Today I introduced my parents to the farmer’s market at the Burnaby Village Museum, and the museum itself.  My dad did some gardening for us in the afternoon while my mom and I went out for a bit.  Then I had the evening to myself, so I had a bubble bath, watched a movie, ate a yummy supper, and then got started on a project I’ve been wanting to work on for a while.  I also rearranged our bedroom a little bit and enjoyed that process – and while I do plan to do a few chores tomorrow, basically I am doing my best to use this time for things I want to do that are more ‘fun’ or different than my usual chore-obsession.  I really want to be making the most of this time that I have.  For all I know it could be another 3 years or MORE before I have another night entirely to myself, gotta live it up while I can!


1 comment:

Lojo said...

So glad you got some time to veg out :)



blogger template by lovebird