Sunday, July 31, 2011

Long weekend day two is pretty relaxed

We had a nice night to ourselves last night, and this morning we sat outside for a little while.  The weather is kind of crummy again (we even had a huge downpour at one point this morning!) but it’s not TOO cold so at least we can still sit outside even when it’s cloudy.  Still not summery enough for my liking, but oh well!

It was nice sitting outside with our coffees and cereal this morning.  I do like that we can do that!  Then later in the morning we made eggs benny’s and then got ready and went for a walk (after the rain).  We explored a new trail area nearby that I didn’t even know existed, and then picked up a few groceries on our way home.  We’re having my aunt and uncle over tonight after dinner and we needed vanilla ice cream to go with the Rhubarb Crisp I made for the occasion.  It smells so good, I can’t wait to eat it (but I will!)

Now James is picking up Andrew from the mil’s.  Apparently she took him to the Gay Pride Parade today, but he fell asleep!  LOL  He’s so funny, he’ll sleep through anything when it’s sleep he’s decided he wants!  He’s been to the pride parade before, although I thought he’d enjoy it more this year with being a bit older, but I guess it wasn’t enough to hold his attention!  Or he was just really tired and needed the nap because he probably can’t keep up with his Nana’s energy!  I swear she’s got more energy than him, which is insane.

I got a bunch of chores done and now I’m going to chillax till the boys get home.  I’m STILL reading The Help but I’m just about done.  I guess I’m a slow reader, although in my defence I only really read when it’s quite late at night so I tend not to read a whole lot before I start falling asleep.  I like the book though, and I still want to see the movie once I’ve read the whole thing.

We’re HOPING to have a family day tomorrow, just the 3 of us.  We always seem to have so many plans with other people, which is great, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to spend time with the rest of our family!  But it’d be nice for the 3 of us to do something together and not have any other obligations.  Not sure yet what that’s going to entail, I guess it will be weather depending, but HOPEFULLY it’s going to mean something outdoors...

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird