Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Four years of wedded bliss


 Four years ago today, James and I joined hands in holy matrimony.  HA!  Maybe I wouldn’t put it quite like that.  We tied the knot!

I am so glad we got married this day four years ago and not today.  It is cloudy today.  CLOUDY on July 27th, when statistically speaking this date is hot and very sunny.  On our wedding day, I don’t believe there was a cloud in the sky to really speak of.  It was perfect.
 
It feels like we’ve been married a lot longer than 4 years, not because we can’t stand being together so time’s just dragging us along – quite the contrary! – but because we’ve been together for almost 13 years, and essentially lived together since the moment we first met!  I honestly have a hard time thinking about the fact that there was a large span of time in my life when I didn’t even know James existed.  I sometimes wonder if deep down inside I subconsciously knew he did, because I can’t imagine that we weren’t meant to be together.  As in, really, truly, ‘meant to be.’  I don’t know if I believe in the whole idea that everything is already locked in place, our lives mapped out for us.  But I’m pretty sure that whatever our ‘plans’ might have been, the main goal was to get us together and keep it that way!

I won’t deny that there are times when James makes me angry or upset.  It would be unnatural if we didn’t get on each other’s nerves from time to time (mostly him on mine – haha!)  But I can honestly say we are a solid unit, as I can only think of 2 things that upset me about him!  Which is pretty darn good when you think about it, so I won’t bother divulging what those two things are (I’m pretty sure he could guess!) 
 What I love most about James is…Well, it’s hard to pick just one thing.  I love HIM for who he is, collectively as a whole.  But I will say that aside from loving his adorable handsomeness obviously, I love his genuineness.  I love that he is so deeply in love with me and it shows.  I never worry that he doesn’t care about me, because I know he does.  He adores me even more now than he did when we were first going out!  He loves to hug me and kiss me and show affections.  In fact, he does those things even more than I do!  (Which is not to say that I don’t adore him, because of course I do, and I know he knows it!)

I love how loving James is, toward me but also toward Andrew.  I love how connected we are and how much time and energy he WANTS to put in to being with me and with our boy.  I greatly appreciate how willing he is to take the boy out for a while after supper so I can have a break, even though he was at work all day, because he understands how exhausting a full day with the boy is (also wonderful, of course, but exhausting because of his crazy energy levels that we can’t possibly live up to!)  I love James’ sensitive side, I love how philosophical he gets, I like how he’s usually game for just about anything and likes to look at the positive wherever he can.  He and I are very different in many ways, but we complement each other beautifully, if I do say so myself =)

So, yes, while there may be times where he makes me want to rip my hair out, I can safely say there is no other man in the world who could make my heart happy the way James does.  I am forever his, and he forever mine.  For all eternity.  (That’s right, James, ALL ETERNITY, and don’t you forget it!)  =) 
 
Even though we’ve essentially been ‘married’ a lot longer than our wedding anniversary suggests, I love to think about that special day we shared with the people we care about the most.  It was a wonderful thing, to throw a party to celebrate our love and relationship, to show everyone just how much we shine together.  It was such a special day, and I love what it stands for.  I love what WE stand for!  And I love that we created the most preciously perfect human being together.  Just as I can’t believe there was ever a time when I didn’t know James, I can’t believe for a second that I ever lived without my boy!  There was certainly a void until both my boys came into my life.  And I am so grateful for both of them.

Happy Anniversary Schmoopy!  I love you!  Still?  Always!!!!

XXXXXOOOOO

2 comments:

Lojo said...

Too sweet :) Congrats again to you both!

tristadawn said...

Happy anniversary to one of my favourite, inspirational most solid couples ever :) <3 <3 xoxoxo!



blogger template by lovebird