Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pain, pain go away, come again...NEVER!

Today is a day I do not wish to repeat. I had the mother of all headaches, a serious migraine. It actually started last night but I thought I’d be able to pop two Tylenol and sleep it off. Unfortunately not. I woke up with it repeatedly through the night, and by the time it was morning I thought I was going to die from it. And that didn’t change until about 3:30 this afternoon.

I tried more Tylenol, ice packs, even Tiger Balm. Nothing worked. The pain got so severe I was throwing up off and on for several hours. At one point I was seriously contemplating calling an ambulance because I was sure my head was going to explode at any moment. Not fun.

LUCKILY James was able to stay home and take a sick day, even though he wasn’t the sick one. There is NO WAY I’d have been able to look after Andrew on my own. I’ve been sick and had to be on my own with him before, which is tough enough, but with a migraine I honestly don’t think I could have done it.

I think this is the first day since Andrew was born that I spent that much time in bed just trying to rest and not physically being well enough to be there for him. It was strange, and I felt bad about it, but there was nothing I could do about it. I guess those are good odds for me, though – in almost 2 years I haven’t had a headache or anything THAT severe. And thank gawd for that!!

Every now and then James would come into the bedroom to check on me, and Andy would get up onto the bed and furrow his brow and say, ‘Mom-mom, boo-boo, boo-boo’ and then he’d kiss my forehead. He was actually quite good about it, he really seemed to understand that I wasn’t well and needed taken care of.

I finally dozed off when they went out to the store to get me some Advil for migraines and I took one as soon as they got in and it seemed to help fairly quickly. I still have a slight headache and if I try to do too much I can feel it creeping back, which is why I’m trying not to do too much.

I am so grateful for my hubby, he is my rock and he takes great care of me (and the boy!) I really don’t know what I’d have done without him today.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird