Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I refuse to let her ruin my summer...

I feel like I haven’t written in so long. I need to go back through the days and remember what’s been happening. But not so much right now…Maybe I’ll do it ‘in pictures’ later, it might jog my memory on what’s been going on!

The best thing going on right now is that I’ve started my rowing class and I am absolutely LOVING it!! I’m beyond happy I joined. It’s SO MUCH FUN. We’ve only been out on the water once, tethered, but next class we go out. It’s just amazing. And unbelievable the learning curve! I hadn’t thought about how hard it would be to row in sync with 7 other people rowing at the same time. But, as the saying goes, ‘We’re all in the same boat!’ so we all have the same learning curve. The people in my group are great, only 2 have rowed before so for the most part we’re all just beginners and completely have the same fears and excitement about it. I just feel so exhilarated by it and it’s so nice to have something I’m learning and doing for ME for a change.

I will write more about this later.

Right now I’m reeling…and can’t totally focus. I was just informed, after JUST getting used to the fact that James’ mother would be in town for a week visiting…SURPRISE she’s decided to stay for 3 weeks instead.

If you know how I feel about my m-i-l, you can well imagine how this makes me feel.

I just can’t believe her total disregard for anyone but herself. I can’t even write about it at the moment, I’m too upset.

But rather than end this on a negative, I will say that Andy and I are enjoying an island visit at the moment. I got some new bras yesterday and am throwing out all my nursing bras, which feels unbelievably good to do! The girls are almost perky now that my bras aren’t all stretched out and all-about-baby!

I think I’ll go sit outside…perhaps with a little vodka in my beverage? I could use a stiff drink right about now.

No comments:



blogger template by lovebird