Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Baby baby baby

It’s not easy to get to the movies these days, what with having to find someone to look after the boy for us…And it’s not necessarily a movie that has to be seen in theatre – but I REALLY BADLY want to see the movie ‘Babies.’ It takes a look into the lives of 4 babies from around the world and shows the different ways they learn from different environments and cultures. I can’t wait for it to come out on Shaw on Demand, since let’s face it, we’re not going to get to the theatre to see it. From looking at the info for it on IMDB, I notice the film is about 4 baby girls. I wonder what it would be like if they did one about boys as well. I don’t think it really matters over all, but it would be interesting to see the ways boys and girls are different too, and the ways they might be socialized differently etc.

On a somewhat different note but sort of related:

My brother forwarded me this link this morning and I was so shocked (and disgusted) that a TWO YEAR OLD would have an addiction to cigarettes. It’s amazing how differently people view things and do things around the world…not that it’s the norm by any means for such a young child to be smoking in Indonesia or elsewhere, but this was/is not an isolated incident. And to think I curse people under my breath when they smoke NEAR us because I hate the idea of a cloud of second hand smoke wafting toward Andrew!

1 comment:

Lojo said...

I am looking forward to seeing that too! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't made it to the theatre since October of last year. And I am baby-less. This is why God created downloading.

I checked out the link. Oh man. Brutal. The world makes me shake my head in disbelief sometimes.



blogger template by lovebird