Sunday, May 16, 2010

Socializing

Andrew went down for his nap, and our neighbours are coming over in less than 15 minutes. Timing sucks sometimes, but it’s so hard (read: impossible) to predict when Andrew will take his once-daily nap.

Once and for all we’re having the neighbours over! It makes sense given their daughter is just 3 months older than Andrew. Their baby is about 5 months now and I haven’t seen him since he was 2! Apartment living is weird like that, it’s crazy how infrequently we actually run into our neighbours. There are people living on our floor that I’ve never even seen before! Gone are the days of taking a freshly baked pie next door when someone new moves in.

Which reminds me, our other neighbours are moving out and I’m just hoping and praying that we get another quiet couple in there…If they’re smokers I’m going to flip out!!! And as silly as this’ll sound, it’d be nice if they didn’t have any kids. I say this because we hear the neighbours babies crying every day, I hear Andrew enough as it is, I don’t need it coming from the room next to our bedroom too!!

I got my hair done yesterday and I’m happy with the results. Not a big change from the last cut, but a good bangs trim and general tidy and touch-up of the roots. After my appointment I texted James and he and Andy were out and about so we met up, got some Baguette Time and went to the Nelson Street park. It was great, we ate while Andrew napped, then he ran around for a while. He had so much fun chasing pigeons! Then for part of the walk home, he held my hand and walked with me. He’s a baby who does NOT like to hold hands while walking because he knows it takes away from his total freedom. But I want him to get used to the idea of hand-holding because as he gets a little older and will be walking more than being in the stroller, he’s not going to have a choice in the matter. He did pretty well with it and it was so cute, holding his little pudge-ball fingers while we walked! I just love every moment with him.

I got some bad blisters yesterday so it’s good I’m resting my feet a bit today but I can’t wait to get out a little later. Hopefully Andrew plays nice with his neighbour friend!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Hey liz can you drop me an email (its on my last blog), I tried using your old email and it's not working and I have a few personal things to ask!

Thanks



blogger template by lovebird