Thursday, May 20, 2010

Siiiiiiiigh.

Blah blah blah.

I feel soooooo blah today.

I’m guessing it’s primarily due to lack of sleep. Last night was HORRIBLE. Andrew woke up right before I was going to go to bed, which is unusual for him, so rather than sit there listening to him cry I cuddled him for a while.

It was actually one of those precious moments and even though I was tired and wanting to go to bed, I sat for that little bit of extra time just holding him and watching him sleep in my arms. There really is nothing sweeter than that.

But when I finally got to sleep it was nearly 1am, and Andrew woke at 4 and seemed to want to get up already. I was so tired so I wasn’t going to give in and go get him, but it meant pressing the snooze button on the monitor every couple of minutes. This went on for nearly an hour. And the ridiculous thing is, after a while of crying he started playing instead! But the monitor still went off, because he was being vocal. And every few minutes I’d wake up once again to the sound of his Tiny Tad frog singing and Andrew talking to him. Cute, right? (But not so much when you are desperate for sleep!)

At 7 he was REALLY ready to get up so I had no choice. After nursies James got up with him but I still only got about half an hour of sleep after that.

So getting a total of maybe 4 hours of sleep but not all in a row and then still having to go go go = one sad Momma.

We went to his Thursday play group and it was good in some ways (he had fun) but he was the only toddler there – all the other babies were under a year. So there wasn’t really anyone he could play with and I think he’s getting kind of bored of the toys. He did still have fun but I just noticed he wasn’t quite as enthralled with the stuff there as he has been in previous weeks. Honestly, a lot of the toys are broken rejects that people were probably otherwise going to throw away, so they only have so much lasting power in terms of holding one’s attention!

Still, it was good to get out. Seeing all the smaller babies feeding always seems to make Andrew want to nurse though, and he just so happened to be doing so when we were doing the sing-a-long. In particular, the song where we all introduce ourselves. We got to ‘Hello ANDREW’ and he threw his head away from my breast to look at everyone as they said Hi to him. Of course that made everyone laugh. I’m telling ya, it really is time to wean this kid but I JUST DON’T KNOW HOW.

Not sure what’s in store for the rest of the day. Weather is kinda crummy, and unless I go sleep now while Andrew naps (which I might, in a few) I doubt I’ll have the energy to get up to much this afternoon. It’s only NOON and I already feel totally zonked. Not good!

Oh and Andrew broke our lamp this morning. I guess it was only a matter of time, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a tad bummed about it. It was one of those funky paper lamps from IKEA, only $16 BUT STILL. Luckily my mom already said she wants to go to IKEA while she’s over so we’ll be able to get a replacement, but I don’t know what would be a good kind to get since no matter what we have, the boy is going to try to destroy it one way or another. In the meantime, I guess we’ll have to get used to a dark living room in the evenings!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Get a whole cluster of the Spooka lights from IKEA. You can throw them like a ball, drop them in water and the things keep on going. They are move for night lights but for $12 each they are awesome. Oh sorry just looked it up on their website and they are $14 now and are called "SPOKA" but they come in green light, red light or blue light.

Interesting as the same thing happened to our 16$ special from Ikea. Our bedroom window isn't staying on the track and wind is whistling we had the landlord in and rip... yes I know it's not a "ton" of money... but still!!!! arggg!



blogger template by lovebird